
It truly is so hard to go from this
to this and back again so quickly!
This has been the strangest summer in that you 'pays yer money and takes yer chances"!
We've had wonderful times - Family Reunions, Camping Trips, Golf Games, Ball Games, and there will be more to come! When you live in an area where Summer seems so short, you have to squish all the activities you can in a short amount of time!
I made this casserole from my sister, Penny, at the family reunion, and instead of putting the cheese on top like most recipes call for, this one calls for putting the tater tots on top so they're crispy. The Hall Family manages to come up with the BEST potluck during our 'every two year' reunion, and we all roll out of the hall after we've stuffed ourselves with great down home cookin'! What's great is we have the leftovers the next day for lunch after our Alberta vs British Columbia Slowpitch Tournament. 
Gotta fry up the onions good and crispy so people who don't like onions don't know they're there!!
Then you cook the hamburger in with the onion - as gray as it looks, it does get better!!
Then you mix up a couple cans of mushroom soup (s'gotta be Campbells) and mix it with a cup of milk. Now slosh it all over the mixed hamburger and onion in a 9 x 13 casserole.
Now, even though the recipe calls for 2 cups of grated cheese, we make more than that, cuz we love cheese!
Dump and spread the cheese over the top of the soupy mixture.
Toss it in the oven (if it's glass, don't toss it!) and bake at 400 degrees until you see it start to crisp up!
Don't worry if it starts to boil up over the potatoes. There are still enough crispy ones to go 'round!! (I think it's probably because we put in too much cheese, but, Oh well!)
Then you dish it up with a bowl of green salad, and it's Comfort Food in the making!
It's actually a better meal for a Winter day, but when it comes to a Potluck at a Hall Reunion on a 30 degree day, it still seemed to work! :o)
BrownSugar
Hard Brown Sugar?
5 comments:
With cheese, potatoes and mushrooms this sounds pretty tasty!
That looks really delicious, but I can't handle condensed soups!!
Kevin - even if I cheated, and the mushrooms came from soup? lol
How to Eat a Cupcake - Yes, I feel guilty even posting recipes with condensed soups, but not so guilty that I won't do it! :o)
I was telling my adult daughter the other day, that it used to be fancy to put some cottage cheese on an Iceberg lettuce leaf and slap a ring of pineapple on top of that. She made SUCH a face!
I had this as a kid but haven't had it since. It looks so comforting and delicious.
Looks great!
I don't know why some people don't like onions. That makes me so mad! They're delicious.
Post a Comment